Monday, September 28, 2009

"And it starts sometime around midnight. Or at least that's when you lose yourself for a minute or two. As you stand under the barlights, and the band plays some song about forgetting yourself for a while." ~the airborne toxic event

When I'm listening to them on my iPod, the band name gets cut off so all I see is "The Airborne Toxic Ev" and for some reason it always makes me think of The Toxic Avenger.

Yesterday I went to a free concert with Christin and Todd. It was a Japanese group called AKB48. We went because it sounded intriguing (and it was free). It was interesting all right. Here's a video I took, just to give you a snapshot:


I absolutely love KBell, she's one of my favorite actresses ever, so I couldn't be more thrilled by this, but what is up with all of her magazine covers?! She gets no publicity during Veronica Mars, and now, all at once, she's on three major covers. And all for Couples Retreat?? I don't know, it surprises me. But it is nice to see her face everywhere when I'm in line at the drug store or something.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a screening of The Wizard of Oz in Central Park. It's opening with a concert, and Jennifer Hudson is one of the performers, so that'll be cool. It's Nic's birthday so we're bringing a picnic and I baked a cake, which I am now trying very hard not to eat because it smells so good.

Scroll down and listen to Snow Patrol! I can't stop listening.

No comments: