Tuesday, August 04, 2009

"It's like your head is stuck in a tightening vise. Your ears are deaf to your friends’ advice. Because you know that your heart will never be full. It doesn't always have to be beautiful, Unless its beautiful." ~slow club

I went to a screening of A Perfect Getaway tonight. I like scary movies a lot, so I was excited to see it. It was okay; not great, not awful. First of all, it was way too predictable. I saw the "twist" coming from a mile away. It was kind of scary; I jumped out of my seat once, and people around me screamed a few times. I enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Now I'm not eager to go hiking in Hawaii, but it certainly was gorgeous and there were some great shots in the film (camera-wise, not gunshots, although there were those too).


I have a fun week this week. Tomorrow I'm going to a youth theatre play. I'm taking my cousins Bess and D.J., and they're always great to hang out with. I'm going to a concert on Friday; Slow Club and The Wave Pictures are playing (along with CasioKids). I love Slow Club, and The Wave Pictures have some great songs, so I'm looking forward to it. (Denise, if you're reading, go listen to Slow Club). I think I'm going with Bess to see Jason Mraz on The Today Show on Friday. I'll be seeing my dad sometime this weekend while he's here for work. I'm going to rush the Broadway play Mary Stuart one day. I want to do as much as I can in my last week here before I go to Colorado. I don't know what I'm going to do there for three weeks. Here there's always a concert to attend or a play to see, but Durango's a different story.

I have to end with this. I love this book, and based on the trailer that was just released, the movie actually looks really good. I think Peter Jackson might have done a good job (fingers crossed). And I love the casting of Saoirse Ronan as Susie.

ETA: Okay, that video was removed really quickly. Here's a link to the trailer for The Lovely Bones.

No comments: