Sunday, August 16, 2009

"I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been. And you have this letter, you probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it. Didn't have a camera by my side this time, hoping I would see the world through both my eyes. Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words.
Today skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliche'. And its strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway. Didn't have a camera by my side this time, hoping I would see the world through both my eyes. Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way, but let me say, you should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes. It brought me back to life. You'll be with me next time I go outside, no more 3x5's." ~john mayer

I know, I'm sorry, I probably just lost whatever music credibility I had by posting nearly an entire John Mayer song. I do like some of his music, though (like 3x5). Please don't hate me. And after posting that song, I'm going to post pictures. I'm hopeless.

Here are some from Mesa Verde, which is less than an hour away. It was a fun day-trip.







And here are some from Potato Lake, around which we hiked today. You'd think they'd be able to come up with a better name for such a beautiful place.


1 comment:

Danke said...

Hahaha, Potato Lake, that made me smile:)) The pictures are pretty. I heard only good things about Colorado:) And I´m glad you feel ok now:)