Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Falling slowly, eyes that know me, and I can't go back. Moods that take me and erase me, and I'm painted black. You have suffered enough and warred with yourself, it's time that you won." ~glen hansard & marketa irglova

Obviously, based on my last post of Oscar hopes, I was pretty thrilled with the Oscars. Everyone I wanted to win (besides in the best actress category, for which I didn't pick anyone) won. When Tilda Swinton won best supporting actress, Nic and I went crazy (I think we scared her apartmentmates). We were sooooo excited. I really, really, really was rooting for her but didn't think she had a chance. And her speech? Pure awesomeness. Another favorite moment: "Falling Slowly" (from Once) winning best song (although it wasn't a surprise at all). Jon Stewart was so sweet to bring Marketa back onstage to give an acceptance speech after the orchestra cut her off (with her own composition!).

Today I went to a PD workshop, so I had a break from the kids (after I just had a week-long break from them!). The workshop was okay. I'm still kind of sick, so it was good that I didn't have to waste my voice in class. On Thursday we have parent-teacher conferences, which I'm not looking forward to.

Here's a funny video in honor of the Oscars. It's from last Saturday's SNL. It's a parody of the infamous "I drink your milkshake" scene from There Will Be Blood, so it's obviously a lot funnier if you've seen that film (and No Country for Old Men). Bill Hader's impression of Daniel Day-Lewis's character, Daniel Plainview, is spot-on; it's hilarious. He really does a great job.

No comments: