Monday, February 04, 2008

"So don't break, keep it to yourself. I did him wrong. I was never, no I was never, no I was never enough, but I can try, I can try, to toughen up." ~she & him

I seriously can't get enough of them.
Photobucket

I was incredibly busy with school stuff this weekend, and will be throughout the next two weeks as well. The marking period just ended so grades are due, we just finished a unit so I had to type up all of their final papers, and I have to plan for a new unit (which includes reading about 4 novels that I haven't read yet so I can use them for book groups). I like the new unit, though. It's an author study, and I'm using Katherine Paterson. Bridge to Terabithia and Jacob Have I Loved were two of my absolute favorite books when I was a kid. The Great Gilly Hopkins was also one that I enjoyed. So I'm excited to study the author with the kids and read more of her work. Of course the kids are much less thrilled than I am. They think that they shouldn't even have to do ELA anymore now that the state test is over. That's how much of an emphasis is placed on testing now. Ugh.

No comments: