Saturday, February 09, 2008

"I said come on all you cowboys, all you blue-eyed baby boys. Come on all you dashing gentlemen of summer. I’ll wait for you where Saturday’s a memory, and Sunday comes to gather me into the arms of God who’ll welcome me because I believe, oh I believe…" ~counting crows

I was walking through Times Square this evening and passed the Crowne Plaza, where there was a mob of people and reporters outside. I happened to be passing right as the meeting to discuss the writer's strike was letting out. I stuck around to see some of the writers being interviewed as they left the hotel; I'll probably show up in the background of a few news shows tonight. Supposedly a deal has been reached (though not signed yet), which is pretty exciting. Of course a lot of shows that I watch (Chuck, Gossip Girl, Heroes) won't return until the fall, anyway. Grey's might come up with four or five more episodes this season, though.

Yesterday was my dad's birthday. I met my parents in Chelsea for dinner at a really nice restaurant. It was good to see them.

My life has been insanely busy lately. One more week until I get a break from school; I cannot wait. We have the week of President's Day off. I am just so drained right now. School (being a teacher and being a grad student) is taking up so much of my time. It's hard to balance everything. I need time to do fun stuff, though, or else I'll go absolutely crazy. On Wednesday Nic and I went to see the Chinese New Year Splendor show at Radio City Music Hall. It was hi-larious (unintentionally, of course). She had comps, so we didn't pay for it. Tickets are sold for $100, though, and I was surprised to see so many people there. We were among the few white people in the audience.
This Wednesday we're going to see Crimes of the Heart on Broadway. I'm very excited to see it. Kathleen Turner is the director and Sarah Paulsen stars in it (I loved her in Studio 60 and I'm glad she's back on stage).

Did you all see the showdown between Conan O'Brien, Stephen Colbert, and Jon Stewart last week? If not, go look for it on YouTube or something. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Conan and Stephen have been in an ongoing feud because they both took credit for Mike Huckabee winning the Iowa caucus. They kept insulting each other on their shows (Stephen said he would kick Conan's translucent white ass, Conan called Stephen the temporary host of The Colbert Report, etc.). Jon Stewart got involved as well. Last week they staged a fight that was carried out over all three of their shows (the final stage was on Conan's show). Actually, I'll post the final showdown for you:


Another funny, recent talk show moment: Sarah Silverman and Matt Damon's music video for the song "I'm f**king Matt Damon" (presented to Jimmy Kimmel, Sarah's boyfriend, on his 5th anniversary show:

I love Sarah Silverman. Her show (The Sarah Silverman Program) is hilarious, her movie (Jesus is Magic) is hilarious, and she's just one of the funniest people I've ever seen.

Blake Lively was on Letterman last night; she was cute. Supposedly she's dating Penn Bagdley, her Gossip Girl costar. They seem like an adorable couple.

No comments: