Friday, February 16, 2007

" I dream I'm in New York City some nights. Angels flow down from all the buildings. Something about an angel just kills me..." ~counting crows

I love the way ad sings that last line, like you can really hear him suffering. He stammers and his voice cracks as he sings "kills me," like it's killing him just to talk about it. I love that song. I love it so much that I want to live in Chelsea just so that I can play that song (Chelsea) all the time. Chelsea is a nice neighborhood, actually; I would love to live there even if Counting Crows didn't write a beautiful, heartbreaking song about it. Ryan Adams also wrote a great song about Chelsea (Chelsea Nights). For some reason there's something about the neighborhood that makes soulful musicians write brooding, haunting songs about it. Too bad I can't afford an apartment in Chelsea.

Speaking of Broadway
, my parents went to see The Drowsy Chaperone tonight after hearing me talk about it for a year. They loved it. My mom called me immediately after the show ended to rave about it. I think I may just have to go watch my video of it now.

Tomorrow is synchro initiation #2. It's gonna be fun. That's all for now.

No comments: