Sunday, February 18, 2007

"Ain't it funny how the night moves, when you just don't seem to have as much to lose. Strange how the night moves..." ~bob seger & the silver bullet band

Mood: lazy Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That song was on The O.C. last week and I got so excited. Julie and Kaitlin sang it a couple of times while they were stuck inside the ice cream shop after the earthquake. Julie said she used to sing that song to Kaitlin as she put her to bed when she was little, and the kid who worked in the ice cream shop questioned the appropriateness of singing the song to a little kid considering its sexual lyrics. The looks that Julie and Kaitlin gave him were priceless. I loved it. Strangely enough, Kaitlin has become my favorite character on that show. Last year when they announced that she would be a regular cast member this season, I was skeptical, but she's been fabulous. I can't believe there's only one episode left of The O.C. That makes me so sad; I've stuck with it all four seasons and, despite its ups and downs, I really think it's a great show. Anyway, back to Night Moves. I love that song. Counting Crows did a great cover of it at Shim Sham four years ago. The O.C. always features the best music.

Unfortunately, my weekend has been filled with vomit. When I was babysitting today, Tim threw up all over the living room floor and I had to clean it up. I felt bad that he was sick. It was not the easiest day of babysitting, though. But I still love those kids. I get such a kick out of Ben; he's hilarious. He always has so much energy, he loves when I pick him up, and he rambles on and on incomprehensibly. He's adorable.

I really need to stop procrastinating. I'm just not in the mood to work, though. I have to go to synchro soon, so I'll go get ready for that.

No comments: