Sunday, January 28, 2007

"You've gone a million miles. How far'd you get? To that place where you cant remember, and you can't forget." ~bruce springsteen

In 6th grade my friend and I memorized all the words to that song (Secret Garden). We would actually study them. Yeah, we were that cool.

My synchro meet went really well yesterday. It lasted forever, though; we left campus at 6:30am and didn't get back until around 8:00pm. I got 5th in figures (out of 31 people) so I was pretty happy about that. My trio swam well, and overall our team got 2nd place (out of 5 teams), which is what we were hoping for.

After I got back I went to see The Departed, which was fabulous. I loved it. Martin Scorsese better get his Oscar this year. Seriously. If Clint steals it from him, you will be able to hear me screaming from across the country. The acting was great. I love Leonardo DiCaprio. I've loved him since What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (1994). I loved him when it was uncool to love him. And in The Departed, he is in top form. Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Walhberg, Alec Baldwin, and Martin Sheen all give good performances as well. There is a LOT of blood and a LOT of violence, so if you get squeamish this definitely isn't the movie for you. I'm not bothered by stuff like that, though, so I had no problems with it. It's a suspenseful, dramatic, violent movie, but there are some great humorous moments interjected throughout (most of them courteous of Mark Wahlberg and Martin Sheen), and overall it was a very enjoyable film.

1 comment:

Heather said...

glad your meet went well!