Wednesday, December 01, 2010

"Sometimes it fills you up, most times it lets you down. Right when we woke up, there was nothing much on around. Do you remember the sound?" ~miles benjamin anthony robinson



I should write a Perestroika review (part 2 of Angels in America). I saw it yesterday. The show was three hours and 45 minutes long (keep in mind that it was only part 2; I saw part 1 awhile ago), and it was followed by a really entertaining talk-back with the cast. I didn't get home until well after midnight and I had to get up at 6am this morning for a full day (10 hours including after-school) of teaching. So I'm exhausted. I'll try to write about it later this week. I'll say now that I love this show. It was a groundbreaking play when it was first introduced, and it's still relevant and important and brilliant and moving. Today is World AIDS Day, so it was a good time to see the show and reflect on the AIDS epidemic and the role it has played in our history as well as its role in our society today.

On a lighter note, here's my favorite recent video. Can I just talk about how cute they are? The grins, the dancing...yeah, I love them.

No comments: