Monday, December 06, 2010

"I have no fear of heights, no fear of the deep blue sea, although it could drown me, I know it could drown me." ~kate melua


"Starlight, I will be chasing the starlight, until the end of my life. I don't know if it's worth it anymore." ~muse


I know I was on a Chuck music kick, and I have a bunch of files ready, but I'm putting that on hold for just one day to share some other music with you. Tonight I went to the world premiere of the movie The Tourist. It was at the Ziegfeld Theatre, which I always love visiting. Of course Brad and Angelina were there, as well as Johnny Depp, looking delightfully dapper (I was most excited about him). Before the movie, when I was heading to the bathroom, I ran into a woman and she smiled at me. I smiled back. After I had passed her (I'm ashamed of how long it took me to place her), I realized that it was Jennifer Connelly. She looked shorter than I expected, but of course she was gorgeous.

Now for the movie. First of all, the songs posted above are the two songs in the film with vocals (well, the Muse song is used in the credits, but that still counts). I thought they were very well-chosen. Johnny Depp is absolutely charming (isn't he always?). I could watch him read the phone book. Angelina Jolie is, well, Angelina Jolie. I'm generally not a huge fan of hers, but she was fine. I predicted the "twist" very early on in the film, but I still enjoyed seeing it play out. It was an entertaining movie with some great comic moments (mostly due to Depp), some action, and a story that was engaging enough to keep me interested.

No comments: