Friday, July 09, 2010

"Then when there's no one to care, I could protect like I've always been there. I'll become your bear." ~m. ward

I don't know why I was so moody this morning, but I totally was. I cried twice at the movies this morning, and I usually don't cry. First I cried during the trailer for Waiting for Superman (even though I've seen the trailer before). Yeah, I know, during the trailer. It's just so sad to me. I was excited to see Geoffrey Canada in the trailer because I saw him speak in person last week at an event for teachers and I was impressed with him. The term "Waiting for Superman" was coined by him.


I went to see the movie The Kids Are All Right this morning (not to be confused with Liz Welch's book with the same title; they're completely unrelated). It was really, really good. I absolutely loved it. All the performances were incredibly strong; Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo, Mia Wasikowska, and Josh Hutcherson are all at their best here. It just seems so...real. Read better reviews than I can write at rottentomatoes (it has a 95% right now). I cried. And laughed.


Ooh, I went to another movie last night; it was the premiere of Life During Wartime. It was quirky as only a Todd Solondz movie can be (if you don't like his style, don't go see it), but I thought it was good. He introduced the film, which was very cool, and I was sitting among scattered actors and actresses.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Always when I read your blog, you give me so many movies and stuff to put on my to watch list. Those trailers all look good! So yeah, all of them go on my to watch list lol.

Denise said...

Btw does Waiting for Superman still have to come out? Those kind of movies always interest me the most. Even though I'm not going to be a teacher anymore, it's still so interesting to learn about stuff like that. To me it's actually even more interesting than the Dutch stuff.

Claire said...

Waiting for Superman still has to come out. I agree; I think that kind of movie is really interesting, too. :)