Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"So I will wait on the edges in between these New York streets, where you and I would meet." ~the gaslight anthem


First, another Weezer tidbit. I know, I know. But this is funny. I met a journalist in the elevator, and he included me in his article. Here's the snippet:
"HP has also gone all-out in social media — on the elevator ride up to the studio, I run into Claire, who won tickets to this intimate show via Twitter contest. The longtime Weezer fan has only followed the band [on twitter] for a few months and never won anything before on the social network. Across the way, I see her bop up and down as Cuomo dances and sings — is she blushing?"
He caught me. I'm sure I was blushing. But how can you not when Rivers Cuomo is singing to you? Hopefully I'll post video soon. It should be up this week.

I have a crazy week this week. I'm seeing five different plays, four concerts...it's crazy. Here are the events that will fill my upcoming days:

Today I saw a new play called Bachelorette. It was funny and dark and I enjoyed it. It's got a great cast. I haven't seen Celia Keenan Bolger in anything since The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (in which she was wonderful), and she looks so different. Maybe because she was playing a kid in that show. Anyway, she was great.

Tomorrow's a concert day; I'm seeing Sting in the morning (I have a ticket to his performance on The Early Show) and Duncan Sheik at night.

Friday I'm seeing Lend Me a Tenor. With Justin Bartha, Tony Shalhoub, Anthony LaPaglia, and Jan Maxwell onstage, you can't go wrong.

Saturday's the Siren Festival in Coney Island. I hope it doesn't rain. I also want to see The Winter's Tale on Saturday. We'll see.

Sunday's Our Town, with Helen Hunt. I can't wait; it's supposed to be a fabulous production. And I do love Helen Hunt.

Monday Kelly's coming!

Tuesday I leave for London.

So yeah, I'm busy. But it's a good busy. I can't imagine having a job where I didn't have my summers off. This is when I cram in the entertainment.

I discovered this fun app and played around with it today; you paste in a writing sample of yours andit tells you what author's style you use. I used two different writing samples (one more academic and one from this blog), and this is what I got:
I write like
Douglas Adams

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


I write like
Kurt Vonnegut

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


It's fun to play around with.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Haha I love that he caught you. And wrote about you. That's pretty cool!

Have so much fun this week. It sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff ahead of you. :D
I'm still sad that we will miss each other in London. :(

Katka said...

haha, now you are like famous.lol cool.

and I envy you all the culture events. I haven´t been anywhere lately. Theaters have holiday in summer here and Shakespeare in the castle is too expensive for me. Have fun in London!! can´t wait to read entry abou that:)