Monday, July 12, 2010

"I wish I could get my head out of the sand, 'cause I think we'd make a good team. And you would keep my fingernails clean. But that's just a stupid dream that I won't realize, 'cause I can't even look in your eyes without shaking, and I ain't faking, I'll bring home the turkey if you bring home the bacon. I'm a lot like you so please, hello, I'm here, I'm waiting. I think I'd be good for you and you'd be good for me." ~weezer

I am so freakin' lucky. Seriously. Tomorrow there is a Weezer concert ("The Weezers" according to my mom) in New York. Only 25 people will be attending. I am one of them. Out of who knows how many people, I won a ticket contest. Seriously, a Weezer concert where there are only 25 audience members and my guest and I are two of them?! How amazing is that?! I can't get over it. Can you imagine how intimate a concert that will be? I can't imagine it, but I'll experience it tomorrow. It will be broadcast on the Nasdaq screen in Times Square, and it will also be streaming online here, so you can watch it at 2:30pm EST and look for me. If anyone wants to capture the video for me, that would be super. I'd love to go back and watch it. I love, love, love Weezer. I am so freakin' jazzed for this. I loved their most recent album, Raditude. I loved Make Believe. Of course I loved Pinkerton (which my favorite actor, Zac Levi, raves about here; Weezer is his favorite band). Can you tell I'm excited?

Be on the lookout for an exuberant fangirl post tomorrow, post-concert.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow that sounds amazing. Have fun!!