Thursday, June 30, 2005

"Look who's laughing now that you've wasted How many years and you've barely even tasted Anything remotely close to Everything you've boasted about Look who's crying now." ~jack johnson

I can't believe I leave tomorrow. Last night was my last night with my friends, and tonight is my last night with my family. Kim, Betsy, Sam, and I had a great time hanging out. It was a very entertaining and memorable evening (and hopefully Sam will send me blackmail pictures of Kim, because I know there are some good ones). I'll miss them. I'm jealous that they have the rest of the summer to hang out and I won't be there.
I saw War of the Worlds yesterday, which was really good. Dakota Fanning continues to amaze me; that girl is so talented. And I'm not crazy about Tom Cruise as a person (his Scientology obsession and general intolerance for perspectives other than his own bothers me), but I really do think he's a great actor. I think some of his standout performances were in Jerry Maguire, Magnolia, Rain Man, Vanilla Sky, and Collateral, and this one is right up there. So I liked it. Go see it.

My mom and I went shopping today; just what I need, more stuff to pack. And there's so many little things that you don't even think about. I need plug adapters and converters (got those at the mall) and all kinds of various forgettable but necessary trinkets.
I keep putting off packing; I still have a lot to do in that department. I'll do that now (or right after these Wimbledon semi-finals that I'm watching are over).

No comments: