Sunday, June 26, 2005

"Don't move Don't talk out of time Don't think Don't worry Everything's just fine Just fine Don't grab Don't clutch Don't hope for too much Don't breathe Don't achieve Or grieve without leave Don't check Just balance on the fence Don't answer Don't ask Don't try and make sense Don't whisper Don't talk Don't run if you can walk Don't cheat, compete Don't miss the one beat Don't travel by train Don't eat Don't spill Don't piss in the drain Don't make a will Don't fill out any forms Don't compensate Don't cower Don't crawl Don't come around late Don't hover at the gate Don't take it on board Don't fall on your sword Just play another chord If you feel you're getting bored I feel numb I feel numb Too much is not enough I feel numb Don't change your brand Gimme what you got Don't listen to the band Gimme what I don't get Don't gape Don't ape Don't change your shape Gimme some more Have another grape Too much is not enough." ~u2

I love that song. Best song on Zooropa (although I guess that isn't saying all that much, since Zooropa isn't exactly the best album U2 has released). But anyway, The Edge is amazing and that's his song and he just blows me away. I wish they had played it at MSG. Oh well. Maybe in November. I've still got 2 more chances to hear some more of my faves on this tour. But I won't let myself get my hopes up, because that didn't work so well last time.

This weekend I got to hang out with my girls. Me, Kim, Betsy, and Sam managed to eat 2 pizzas on Friday, and it was great to talk and just hang out with them. I just kept thinking, I'll miss this. I know it's only 5 months and it's not like I'm leaving for good, but I'll still miss my friends. I'll get to see them again at least one more time before I go; Kim and Sam have some adventurous plans that Betsy and I will enjoy watching from the sidelines. :-)

I started packing, and I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far. It's hard to fit 5 months of your life into 2 suitcases, but I'm trying. Oh, they have a mentor program for International students at Otago and I heard from my mentor. She's lived in Dunedin her whole life, so she'll be able to show me around town and stuff, which is good. And she mentioned a ski trip with her friends, so I might be able to tag along. I'm bringing all my gear. I haven't been skiing in a while, but I miss it. I've been on skis since I could walk (I was one of those little 3-year olds on the slopes, with the harness around my body and one of my parents holding onto the leash attached to me. Good times). So I'm a good skiier and I'm excited to check out the slopes in New Zealand. 5 more days!!!

No comments: