Saturday, October 20, 2012

"The first cut is the deepest, baby I know the first cut is the deepest. 'Cause when it comes to being lucky he's cursed, when it comes to lovin' me he's worse. But when it comes to being loved he's first, that's how I know the first cut is the deepest, baby I know the first cut is the deepest." ~cat stevens (performed by p.p. arnold)




I've seen a handful of movies lately (The Master, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Sessions, Argo, Seven Psychopaths) and the song above is in Seven Psychopaths. The movie has a good soundtrack, and I think the music is an integral part of a movie. I had to see it because I'm kind of obsessed with Martin McDonagh. He's best known as a playwright (windowcards from many of his plays are hanging on my living room wall), and this is his second movie (he wrote and directed it). I enjoyed it; it's better than McDonagh's first movie (In Bruges) but not as good as most of his plays. My favorite recent film is Argo. I think Ben Affleck is an incredibly talented director (I'm pretty sure I wrote a gushing post around the time The Town came out).

Funny observation on the Emmys: I've met three of this year's female winners (Claire Danes, Julianne Moore, Maggie Smith).



















I love this video. I've been following the growth of this adorable panda cub in San Diego, and he's just too cute. He's starting to walk!
 


Next post will probably be a huge theater post; I've seen a TON of shows lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You met Maggie Smith?!!! Katka

Claire said...

Haha, yeah. I saw her in a play in London.