Monday, October 22, 2012

"So cover this warm night in a blanket of starlight. I will follow this freeway, out into the air. In case you should wonder and wanted to find me, I'm traveling homeward to Washington Square. In case you should wonder, I'm in Washington Square, Washington Square, Washington Square." ~counting crows

I think I said my next post would be about theater, but that'll have to come later. Right now my favorite band is on my mind! Look who I got to see perform today!
 If you read this blog at all or know anything about me, you know I'm obsessed with Counting Crows. My tattoo is CC-inspired (by the song "A Murder of One"). I've seen them more times than I can count. I have a huge crush on AD. Yes, I am being completely serious when I say that. Most people find it hard to believe. I love the dreadlocks, the puppy eyes, the goofy grin...anyway, I'm a big fan. At tonight's concert, I ended up with a setlist AND a guitar pick! (I collect both.) This guitar pick is from Immy, which is perfect, because I already have one from Dan (from a concert about five years ago).

They played a short setlist (it was a free concert), but it was still wonderful.

The past few days have been filled with AD. On Saturday I stood next to him for about half an hour, watching a concert. He stepped on my foot when he tried to get around me on his way out, and we did that awkward little dance when each person is trying to get out of the other's way and ends up being more in the way. AD can step on my foot anytime.

Audio (I had a few minor audio issues in the first couple of songs, but it gets better. Please excuse my singing during certain songs; at some points I forgot to just mouth the words rather than sing.):

Untitled:


Start Again:


Rain King:


Mercy:


Meet on the Ledge:


Washington Square:


I love that AD is a New Yorker, and I love how much he loves being a New Yorker.

No comments: