Monday, October 29, 2012

 "'Cause I belong to the hurricane, it's going to blow this all away." ~florence + the machine


Scroll down to my last post to see/hear my favorite hurricane-themed song. 

Because I didn't have school today (or tomorrow) thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I had time to put together another Counting Crows concert post!
Counting Crows is my favorite band, so seeing them once last week just wasn't enough (scroll down for my previous CC concert post from earlier in the week). I also saw them at Roseland Ballroom on Thursday. I've seen CC so many times that at this point I'm always thrilled to hear them play a song I haven't heard live before (I'll be perfectly happy to never hear them play Mr. Jones again because I've heard it so many times). This time, I was happy to hear Monkey, St. Robinson In His Cadillac Dream, Richard Manuel Is Dead, Time and Time Again, and a bunch of the covers they did (Like Teenage Gravity, Look At Miss Ohio). I will never get sick of Holiday In Spain, no matter how often I hear it. I'm obsessed with that song, and it's their best closer. It was a great concert. Not their best, but still wonderful. I particularly liked the version of Goodnight Elisabeth they played, and Omaha and Hanginaround were fun because the crowd got involved.
Tender Mercies and Mean Creek opened for CC, and I was so, so excited to see Tender Mercies live. I love them. Half of Counting Crows is actually in Tender Mercies, which is kind of funny. They played some of my favorites; I was particularly thrilled to hear them play Wiseblood.

I recorded Counting Crows, so here's my recording. I'm surprised at how well it turned out considering where I was standing. Being in front of the stage right next to a speaker isn't a great place from which to record, but it actually sounds okay. You can download all the tracks here if you want.


I filmed Holiday in Spain because I love it so much.
The video doesn't include his intro speech, which I love, but it's on the audio version.
I also love how he adds something about this city not being a drag whenever he sings this song in NYC. 

 

No comments: