Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"Can't help myself but count the flaws, claw my way out through these walls. One temporary escape, feel it start to permeate." ~the naked and famous



Posted above is the fabulous song ("Young Blood") that was playing during the last five minutes of last night's epic Chuck. I can't stop listening to it. I know I sound like a broken record, but no TV showrunner does music better than Josh Schwartz.

I'm so ready for winter to end. I'm really, really sick of it.

On Sunday I went to the Fan Day performance of Chicago on Broadway. It was so much fun. It was general admission, so I got in line pretty early to get a good spot for my friend Christin and myself. While waiting in line, they kept bringing food to all of us (hot dogs, pizza, cupcakes), they gave prizes away...it was actually fun to wait in line. We got seats in the second row of the center orchestra, so we had a perfect view. It was a great performance. It currently has a very strong cast, and there was tons of energy coming from both the stage and the audience. Seth Rudetsky entertained us before the performance and Barry Weissler introduced the show (as well as some famous people in the audience, including Chita Rivera). I thought it was a very cool thing for the producers to do. Here's the photo they took of all of us (wearing our new Chicago swag that they gave us):


Tonight I went to a screening of The Adjustment Bureau. I'm interested to read the reviews (of course there aren't any out yet because the movie won't be released for more than a month), because I have mixed feelings about it. I was really excited about it because it's an interesting premise (it's about free will vs. destiny) and it has a great cast of actors that I love. While watching it, the premise actually seemed a bit ridiculous (a group of incompetent men control our lives? really?), and it was too easy to figure out where they were going with it. I didn't think the movie was anything special. I love all the actors in it. Matt Damon has been seriously overlooked this season for his performance in True Grit and I think he's a fabulous actor. I'm crazy about John Slattery (seriously, I love him). I'm also a big fan of Anthony Mackie's (and I always love seeing people in movies whom I've seen perform onstage). Emily Blunt is always lovely. But they just weren't enough to make me love this movie and overcome the weaknesses of the plot. Slattery had my favorite line, "I hate downtown" (it sounds better in the movie, when he's muttering it). Anyway, it's not an awful film, but it was still disappointing to me.

No comments: