Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"The room's still now when I'm lying, 'cause the well of the night has gone dry. When they ask to behave, I pay them no mind. Now I doubt if I'd have been so kind." ~yeasayer


I went to an advance screening of the movie Bridesmaids tonight. It doesn't come out until May, so it wasn't a final cut. It's kind of like The Hangover with girls. It's very funny (and sometimes gross). Kristen Wiig is absolutely hilarious, and it was fun to see her as a leading lady. Chris O'Dowd was a charming fresh face (and his accent definitely didn't hurt); I really liked him. I came home and looked him up, and imdb informed me that he "has a collection of over a thousand chocolate bar wrappers." Now, that's a hobby I can get behind. Let me know if you need some help, Chris.


I was in the mood to watch Beautiful Girls tonight. I'm not sure why; maybe because I've got Oscars on the mind and the movie features a likely Oscar winner (Natalie Portman) at a young age. It's a movie that I don't mind seeing again and again. And seeing it tonight in the middle of this awful winter somehow made me less angry at winter. Weird, I know. Anyway, I got myself into a Natalie Portman mood and I quickly put together this very short video clip from Beautiful Girls and the Golden Globes, just because I found her Golden Globes laugh hilarious.

Finally, here's my favorite Natalie Portman video:

No comments: