Sunday, January 30, 2011

"See how she moves through the door, how she loses her keys. How she loses her cool, watching blackbirds scatter through the trees. How she flips from the back to the front, reading magazines. Oh, my God, I miss those things. And it's a hard way to fall, and this ain't the easy way down. And it's a hard thing to love anyone, anyhow." ~ryan adams




Oh, Ryan Adams, you kill me. No one does heartbreak like Ryan Adams. This is one of my favorite songs of his (nothing can beat "Come Pick Me Up," though; maybe I'll share that one soon). The version posted above is from the Black Clouds session (live in Tilburg, 12/1/02). I like it better than the studio version; it's quieter and sadder.

I flip through magazines like that (from back to front). I think it's a left-handed thing; it's easier to turn the pages that way.

I dragged my family to see Ryan Adams of the 4th of July in 2003. He played the Battery Park concert that year.

This is a show weekend for me. Yesterday it was Gruesome Playground Injuries, which I really enjoyed. Pablo Schreiber and Jennifer Carpenter are in it, and I thought their performances were great. I always love seeing Pablo Schreiber on stage.

Today I'm seeing Chicago on Broadway. They're having a Fan Day, and the whole audience will be made up of people who are receiving free tickets from a facebook promotion thing. It's pretty cool.

Tonight is the SAG Awards, which I'm excited about. Maybe I'll post a reaction tomorrow.

2 comments:

Katka said...

I would love to see Jennifer Carpenter now, since I´m obsessed with Dexter.lol You are meeting all these great people, seriously, it´s not fair.lol

Claire said...

Come move to New York. You already have a friend here. :D