Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Something in my throat made my next words shake, and something in the wires made the lightbulbs break. There was glass inside my feet and raining down from the ceiling, it opened up the scars that had just finished healing." ~the antlers

I have not stopped listening to The Antlers' album Hospice since the Radio City concert last week. It really is the best concept album I have ever heard. It's absolutely heartbreaking but absolutely gorgeous. And the songs are even better live. "Two" is my favorite. It makes me want to cry every time I listen to it. But somehow that's a good thing. I'm so glad they played it last week. Nic's comment about The Antlers was, "They must be the only band to use the word femur in two different songs." I'm sure she's right.

Two more days. Two more days. I can make it. Spending the day with 25 kids in my classroom with no A/C when it's 92 degrees outside is absolutely miserable. I can't take it anymore.

I'm comforted by the fact that someone else (Salma Hayek) is as scared of snakes as I am. This is too funny (although if it were me I would be just as scared, if not moreso, and I wouldn't find it funny at all). Thanks to Cee for sharing it. :)


I'll leave you with The Antlers' "Two." Best listened to in the context of the whole album, but still amazing on its own.

No comments: