Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Well I woke up in mid-afternoon 'cause that's when it all hurts the most. I dream I never know anyone at the party and I'm always the host. If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts. You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast." ~counting crows

Oh my. These attempts to inspire participation are not going so well. Heather, I love you for responding. Congrats, you are the winner of the lyrics game!
Here are all the answers:

1. Keith Urban - Days Go By
(A great summer song.)
2. Paul McCartney - Every Night
3. The Beatles - Golden Slumbers
4. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
(One of the best songs ever.)
5. Bird York - In the Deep
(I looove this song. It's from the movie Crash.)
6. The Killers - Mr. Brightside
(One of the best pop songs ever written. I can't explain what it was like to stand in the front row at a concert, a few feet away from Brandon Flowers, and sing along with him to this song.)
7. Rascal Flatts - See Me Through
(I suppose I should be embarrassed that I have multiple Rascal Flatts albums, but I'm not; I think they're fun.)
8. Matt Pond PA - Grave's Disease
(I saw him play at UR [standing front row center, directly in front of him] and I really am surprised that he's not more famous by now because his music is beautiful.)
9. Sting - Desert Rose
10. R.E.M. - Sweetness Follows
11. Counting Crows - Rain King
12. U2 - Even Better than the Real Thing
13. Kate Havnevik - New Day
14. Chess the musical - Heaven Help My Heart
(Something from Chess was bound to come up; I have so many different recordings of the show. The song that popped up this time was from the Danish touring cast. Seriously. I collect whatever recordings I can get. Chess might be my favorite musical.)
15. Joni Mitchell - Come in from the Cold
16. Anika Moa - Wrestled with your Angels
(This one is impossible; Anika Moa is a New Zealand artist and she didn't want to release this album in the U.S. She's very big in NZ, though. And this is a really great song.)
17. My Chemical Romance - The End
18. The Strokes - Red Light
(I was so happy to hear them play this when I saw them last summer. It's a great song.)
19. Sarah McLachlan - Adia
20. Daphne Rubin-Vega - 90 miles
(I wouldn't expect a non-theater fan to know this one, because DRV hasn't really been able to break into the mainstream market.)
21. U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
(The one that came up on shuffle is a live recording from a U2 concert that I went to. Bono starts it off by yelling, "America, this is your song now." That gives me chills every time I hear it.)
22. Maria Taylor - Xanax
(One of my favorite songs from 11:11.)
23. Evita the musical - Buenes Aires
24. The Weepies - Riga Girls
(aw, the Weepies. I like them.)
25. Jewel - Little Sister
(Wow, this song takes me back.)

I promised a prize to the winner, which was probably not the smartest thing to do because I didn't have one in mind. So Heather, I'm working on it. :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

haha -- no worries!

I'll try and post some songs whenever I remember to sit down at the computer with my iPod...

the sad part is, I'll probably have to check them myself!