Friday, June 08, 2007

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you." ~plain white t's

I love that song. I want to learn how to play it on my guitar. It sounds pretty easy (I'm sure that statement will come back to bite me in the ass).

Pretty soon I'm heading off to Hunter Mountain (in the Catskills) for a weekend of much-needed relaxation/fun. I know I'm not currently working so it doesn't seem like I would be in dire need of a weekend getaway, but job and apartment hunting have been pretty taxing. And I need a break from my family. So I'm excited. My friend Christin organized the whole thing (her company has a house there that she's allowed to use for the weekend), and a bunch of us are driving up there this afternoon. I hope Dina has enough room in her car for all of my stuff, because it's piled up in the kitchen right now and it looks like I'm going away for at least a month. The sheets, towels, games, food, boombox, and random stuff like that take up a lot of space.
We'll get back on Sunday night, hopefully in time for me to watch the Tony Awards (I'm recording it, but watching it live is so much more fun). Tony night is one of my favorite nights of the year. Nicole is going; I'm jealous. I'll have to watch for her on TV. I've got my fingers crossed for Spring Awakening; I really think (and hope) it will win Best Musical.
Next week it's back to the grind. On Monday I have another placement fair (oh joy) and on Tuesday I'm going to a hiring fair for a specific school (it's one at which I would LOVE to teach, but unfortunately I'm sure there will be a lot of people there competing for the same position). I just want the searching to be over.

I'll leave you with the music video for "The Bitch of Living" from Spring Awakening.

1 comment:

Heather said...

hope you had a lovely getaway wkd! and best of luck with the interviews and such this week; hang in there!

thanks for sharing the video, btw. I liked it