Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart? How the music can free her, whenever it starts. And it's magic, if the music is groovy, it makes you feel happy like an old-time movie. I'll tell you about the magic, and it'll free your soul, but it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll." ~lovin' spoonful

I'm sure this isn't going to work very well at all, but I'm going to try anyway. It's a game going around LJ. My friend Gen inspired me to try it. It requires participation; I know I have a few lurkers who don't comment, so now's the time to come out of the woodwork and participate. Here's how it goes:
Step 1. Put your playlist on random.
Step 2. Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3. Strike out the songs when someone guesses correctly. NO GOOGLING.

So your job is to comment with the song title and artist of any that you know. Again, no googling/searching. Some of these are easy and some are not. I posted more than one line for most of them to make it slightly easier. Whoever gets the most wins...I'll think of a prize.

1. I'm changing lanes and talking on the phone, driving way too fast.
2. Every night I just want to go out, get out of my head. Every day I don't want to get up, get out of my bed.
3. Once there was a way to get back homeward, once there was a way to get back home.
4. So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
5. Thought you had all the answers to rest your heart upon. But something happens, don't see it coming, now you can't stop yourself.
6. Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just fine, gotta gotta be down because I want it all.
7. Before we met I was free, I never had to worry about anyone but me.
8. You do not worry, you do not try, the winter froze all of your things and you went inside.
9. I dream of rain, I dream of gardens in the desert sand. I wake in vain, I dream of love as time runs through my hand.
10. Readying to bury your father and your mother, what did you think when you lost another? I used to wonder why did you bother, distanced from one, blind to the other.
11. When I think of Heaven (deliver me in a black-winged bird) I think of flying down into a sea of pens and feathers and all other instruments of faith and sex and God in the belly of a black-winged bird.
12. Give me one more chance and you'll be satisfied, give me two more chances, you won't be denied.
13. Beautiful day, watching you as you awake, morning stars in your eyes, your hand in mine.
14. If it were love, I would give that love every second I have, and I do.
15. Back in 1957 we had to dance a foot apart, and they hawk-eyed us from the sidelines, holding their rulers without a heart.
16. Your words get me under; you're like shooting me in the heart.
17. Now come on, come all to this tragic affair, wipe off that make-up, what's in is despair.
18. Two can be complete without the rest of the world. Two can be complete without the rest of the world.
19. Adia, I do believe I failed you, Adia, I know I've let you down.
20. The guitar he could not find a purpose for, only pieces of wood he muttered. Break it up and float it to a distant shore to pursue his own good.
21. I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes and make it go away.
22. Afraid of an airplane, of a car swerving in the lane, of a dark cloud too low, of being swept away by an undertow.
23. To think that a man as famous as you are could love a poor little nothing like me.
24. Are your friends really your friends? Are you still waiting for the end of the day? Hey, hey, when will you learn to love what's sent from up above?
25. Hey little sister, I heard you went to Mr. so-and-so, knocking on his door again last night, said you needed it bad, you know that ain't right.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ok - I'm admittedly awful with music...

6. crap... I know it, but... gosh I'm pathetic... WAIT! "Mr. Brightside."

19. ummm... I know it, but... "Innocent"? or something?

21. "Bloody Sunday" by U2 (is that the title?... I think so... hmm)

and that's it... oh my. sorry!

i'll post some later maybe, but I've got to sleep and pack in the AM (yuck) Have a great wkd!