Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Still the water sparkles here. The calm drifts away in here...Inside your head. Inside your head." ~eberg

Tonight was the first night of our Synchro Holiday Show. I swam well, and overall it wasn't a bad show, although there were some glitches. I'll miss not being in it next year. During the candlelight routine tonight I couldn't help but grin because I was just so...content. I managed to forget everything else that's been stressing me out and just enjoy swimming by candlelight. It was beautiful. Come tomorrow (Friday) night if you can. I love my synchro girls. Here's me and my synchro family (me, my little, and my little's little) at initiation. We have been labeled the "straight-edged" family, which is pretty funny and actually pretty true.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've dedicated so much time and effort to my English seminar paper in the past couple of weeks, and I just don't know how to make it better. It's so frustrating, though, because I know it has its weaknesses. I spent most of today sitting at a table in the Commons selling tickets to the synchro show, and I worked on tweaking my essay the entire time (unfortunately that meant I didn't sell too many tickets). I cut out about 3 pages, which was so difficult to do because I worked hard on those pages, but it was necessary. There's more I want to say, but my paper's already too long and I'm not sure I could work in my extra information seamlessly. It's hard to tie everything together in such a long paper, and it's hard not to repeat oneself. Oh well. I'm just going to have to be content with what I turn in and know that I did my best.

I'm anxious to get my student teaching assignment. Most of the other people have already heard, but I'm still waiting. Hopefully I'll be somewhere close to campus.

I know there was something else I meant to write about, but I forget now. Maybe I'll think of it later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally went over even the "honors credit" page limit... but not as badly as I thought I was going to go over... I did some chopping as well, but probably should have done more... frustrating, but at least it's over! and now I'm going to bed - congrats again on a great show!!