Saturday, May 31, 2014

Like I said, it's been a busy week! First of all, last night at 3am (actually, I guess it was this morning at 3am) I went to the starting line of The Amazing Race. I'm one of the few people I know who actually still watches the show, and I was excited to see the beginning of the race. The cast includes Bethany Hamilton ("Soul Surfer") and Whitney and Keith from Survivor (I wasn't huge fans of theirs). The race began in Times Square, and there was a large crowd there to send the racers on their way. I didn't get many good photos, but here's one not-so-good photo I took (you can see Whitney and Keith in bright yellow on the left and Bethany on the far right in blue). Phil is facing the racers.
After the start of the race, I got to meet Phil! (Keep in mind that this photo was taken around 3am).

I've also spent this weekend at BookCon. It was kind of a disaster; it was the first BookCon, and it was not organized well at all. I still managed to see some good things, though.

On Friday night I went to the panel for This Is Where I Leave You. Jonathan Tropper, the author of the novel, was on the panel. He also wrote the screenplay for the movie version that's coming out soon. The director of the film, Shawn Levy, was also there, along with stars Tina Fey and Jason Bateman. They showed a few clips from the film, Jonathan read a couple passages from the book, and they discussed the adaptation of the story from novel to film. It was interesting, and I'm definitely eager to see the movie when it comes out.

Saturday's BookCon was incredibly chaotic and disorganized, but I was able to see the one panel in which I was most interested, so I suppose I shouldn't complain. I saw Amy Poehler talking with Martin Short about her new book, Yes Please. I love her. That's really all I have to say about that. I filmed the panel.




I also attended Danielle Fishel's panel. I loved her as Topanga on Boy Meets World, and the panel got me even more excited for Girl Meets World. She's funny, and she has a great perspective on life.

Finally, I got a glimpse of Grumpy Cat! I really, really wanted to meet her, but it was either her or Amy Poehler. I settled for a peek at this famous feline.

I got some book swag that I now have to find space for, and I'm exhausted, but I did enjoy the weekend.

No comments: