Thursday, May 29, 2014

I've had a super busy week this week. First of all, we went on field trips three days in a row. We went to a place called Club Getaway, which is full of adventure activities. Here are some highlights for me and my teacher buddies:

I loved doing flips on the trampoline.


The next day we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. We figured it would be a good way to keep the kids moving. Here are some of my angels: 



Today we went to Victorian Gardens, the amusement park in Central Park. The kids enjoyed it.


It was three days in a row of being outside and moving around all day. Luckily we had good weather each day. I'm exhausted now, though.

After school for the past two days, I went to Broadway Bakes. It's an event at Schmackary's Cookies raising money for BCEFA. Broadway stars have been spending time behind the counter serving cookies. I went to see Audra McDonald (Broadway goddess, winner of five Tony Awards and nominated for a record-breaking sixth this year for her unbelievable performance as Billie Holiday in Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill) and her talented hubby Will Swenson (currently starring on Broadway in Les Miserables). Aren't they adorable?

I also went tonight to see Joshua Henry (whom I really want to see win a Tony this year for his fantastic performance in Violet). James Brown III (currently in Rocky) was also there (see him below doing a Rocky pose), and they were both super nice.

It's been a busy week, and things aren't going to settle down anytime soon. Tomorrow begins BookCon, which I'm really excited to attend. Amy Poehler, Tina Fey, Martin Short, Grumpy Cat, Veronica Roth, Jason Segel, Danielle Fishel, John Green, and more will be there, so I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: