Saturday, October 19, 2013

"You can get lost in the music for hours, honey, you can get lost in a room. We can play music for hours and hours, but the sun'll still be coming up soon. The world's not forgiving of everyone's fears. The days turn into months, the months turn into years. So just for a moment, let's be still." ~the head and the heart



 ETA: The Head and the Heart performed on Hart of Dixie last night (Monday, 10/21)! It made me really happy. It was a great episode, too, because of the band's appearance and some other awesome moments (Have I mentioned I love Lemon now? She's become one of my favorite characters. There was also some great Zoe/Brick stuff.)

You must check out The Head and the Heart's new album, Let's Be Still. It's absolutely lovely. They're one of my favorite bands, and I was so excited to hear their sophomore album and fall in love with it as I did with their debut. The track posted above is the title song from the new record.

Here's video I took at a concert of theirs about a year and a half ago. They put on a great show. My friend Leah and I told each other before the concert that we'd be lucky if we got through seeing them perform "Rivers and Roads" without crying (we're hardcore Chuck fans, and Chuck fans know the significance of that song), and we did, but boy was it difficult. The video is the second song in the playlist below.
You can also visit my post here after the show, in which I posted audio (and a downloadable version) of the whole show. Looking back at it, I realize I meant to upload more video but never got around to it (this was when I didn't have internet at my apartment). Maybe I'll do that now. 

No comments: