Sunday, October 27, 2013

"Satellite's gone up to the skies; things like that drive me out of my mind. I watched it for a little while, I like to watch things on TV. Satellite of love, satellite of love, satellite of love." ~lou reed

This is the original version of "Satellite of Love": 


 And here's my favorite version of it, by U2 featuring Lou Reed (this video can make me cry on a normal day, so you can imagine I'm a mess now):

And here's what is probably my favorite song by the Velvet Underground, before Lou went solo:

I'm sad. I'm sad about Lou Reed's death; he was a legend in the music world, and his influence can't be overstated. I'm so grateful I was able to see him perform live at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary concert; he was a true genius, and he will be missed. Rest in peace, Lou. 

No comments: