Sunday, September 29, 2013

Yesterday I went to the second annual Global Citizen Festival. I went last year (and posted about it here), and I was excited to return this year. The weather was beautiful; it was a perfect day to spend in Central Park with 60,000 other people. We got a great spot in the front of pen 1 on the rail, right behind the VIP section. Kings of Leon opened, and they were followed by Alicia Keys, John Mayer, and Stevie Wonder. Between sets, appearances were made by Elvis Costello (who performed two songs), Janelle Monae (who performed one song), Bono (who presented an award), Katie Holmes, Olivia Wilde, Gerard Butler, and more. Here's a video I made of some highlights (the concert was streamed online, so I'm sure official videos will be popping up online):


Tonight is the finale of Breaking Bad (the show that many have argued is the best TV show ever made). It's weird to think that after tonight it will be over. I'm hoping Walt dies and Jesse lives. In honor of the finale, here's Los Cuates de Sinaloa performing "The Ballad of Heisenberg" on Conan.

Monday's entire episode of Conan was devoted to Breaking Bad, and it was pretty awesome. It was the day after the show won the Emmy Award for best drama series, and the whole cast seemed very happy. Here's the show if you want to watch it. And here's a great compilation of "five years of awesome interviews in 176 seconds" (no huge spoilers in this video, so I think it's safe to watch if you haven't seen the show).


Nic and I are watching the finale air tonight, and she's making a themed menu. My themed contributions are homemade funyuns in honor of Jesse Pinkman, Ben and Jerry's in honor of Landry Todd feeding Jesse in last week's episode (sorry, Jesse Plemons will always be Landry from Friday Night Lights to me), and this (crushed blue jolly ranchers):

 Happy finale, bitches!
(Okay, last of the videos. These are the best ones. I never ever curse, but this has become such an integral and entertaining part of this character.)


And finally (this is it, I promise; I'm going all out for the finale), 35 Reasons Why Aaron Paul Should Be Your Favorite Actor on Television.

No comments: