Friday, August 06, 2010

"I wish that I believed in fate, I wish I didn't sleep so late. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders. I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders. I'm the new blue blood, I'm the great white hope. I'm the new blue blood..." ~the national

This is mainly a video post.

The National played Lollapalooza last week (I SO wish I could have gone). "Mr. November" is always an intense fan favorite where Matt goes into the crowd and basically goes crazy. I filmed this at one show I went to (I have other "Mr. November"s that I've filmed but I can't find them, but this is a decent example):


At Lollapalooza Matt was absolutely adorable; he changed the lyrics because of a young fan he encountered. Watch this video. I cannot get over it.

So, so sweet.

Next up (changing subjects): Yvonne Strahovski and Zachary Levi won Teen Choice Awards! It was fun to see them onstage together. Aren't they adorable?


Finally, you should go watch Arcade Fire's MSG concert here. They're slowly adding all the songs from the live webcast. Here are a few of my favorites:

My favorite song from the new album, "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)": I love when Win kisses Regine. They started the song once and the drum machine screwed up so they had to start over, but the second time (this video) was perfect.

I can't decide if my favorite song of theirs is "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" or "Rebellion." So here are both of those videos:
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels):

And Power Out/Rebellion:

I should probably post "Wake Up" as well:

You can watch more on their youtube channel. "Rococo" and "We Used to Wait" are my other favorite songs from the new album and they're up there. Basically every song is worth watching.

No comments: