Wednesday, March 03, 2010

"Dip the toe in the ocean. Oh how it hardens and it numbs. And the rest of me is a version of man built to collapse into crumbs. And if I hadn’t come down to the coast to disappear, I may have died in a land-slide of the rocks, the hopes and fears.
So swim until you can’t see land. Swim until you can’t see land. Swim until you can’t see land. Are you a man or are you a bag of sand? Swim until you can’t see land. Swim until you can’t see land. Swim until you can’t see land." ~frightened rabbit

That's from a song on Frightened Rabbit's new album, The Winter of Mixed Drinks. It is absolutely amazing. I thought it would be nearly impossible to compare to The Midnight Organ Fight (which I named the best album of 2008), but I think I like this one just as much.

Earlier this week I got to go to the invited dress rehearsal of God of Carnage with the new Broadway cast. Jeff Daniels is back, and this time he's playing the James Gandolfini role. It was interesting to see. Lucy Liu (love her), Dylan Baker (he was actually my favorite), and Janet McTeer round out the cast and have a good dynamic together. I think they'll only improve over time. I liked it a lot. Not quite as much as the original cast, but I still liked it.

The Miracle Worker opens on Broadway tonight, and they released some short footage. From the performance I attended. Luckily you can't see my face, but you can definitely see my rain boots. Awesome, right?



Parenthood premiered yesterday. I enjoyed it. Any show with Lauren Graham and Peter Krause has to be a good thing, right? In case you missed it, here's a glimpse.


The New York Times ran an interesting article today about Diane Ravitch's complete reversal of thought regarding our nation's education system. I wholeheartedly agree with her new position. And I'm incredibly disappointed with everything Obama has done regarding education. I might need to move to Finland or Japan.

No comments: