Monday, December 28, 2009

"Words are falling from your lips like Christmas to my hips. So dangerous, the strangest feeling of being. I want willow trees and melodies, and flowers, counting hours till he's breathing, leaving the rest behind." ~leona naess

I've made this a yearly tradition, so here we go. I'm not sure why, but it was difficult to come up with my 10 favorite albums of 2009. Did I listen to less new music? Was 2009 just not a great year for new music? I'm not sure. But I managed to come up with 10 solid albums that I enjoyed. It was impossible to put them in order, but I tried. It may seem like a weird list, but I guess I have eclectic taste in music.

Claire's Top 10 Albums of 2009

1. U2 - No Line on the Horizon

2. Doves - Kingdom of Rust

3. Dashboard Confessional - Alter the Ending

4. Julian Casablancas - Phrazes for the Young

5. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

6. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

7. Wolfmother - Cosmic Egg

8. The XX - XX

9. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

10. Arctic Monkeys - Humbug

And here's last year's list, just because it's fun to revisit. I think last year's is a much better group of albums.

1 comment:

gege said...

happy new year and thanks for your blog