Saturday, July 04, 2009

"And I'm not sure what the trouble was that started all of this. The reasons all have run away, but the feeling never did. It's not something I would recommend, but it is one way to live. 'Cause what is simple in the moonlight by the morning never is. It was so simple in the moonlight, now it's so complicated. It was so simple in the moonlight, so simple in the moonlight, so simple in the moonlight..." ~bright eyes


Oh, so much to write about and so little energy. I'm going to focus on the 4th of July because that's what's in the forefront of my mind. I'll probably backtrack later. This is mostly a photos post because I'm tired.

Today I went to see Conor Oberst and Jenny Lewis in concert in Battery Park. I love both of them; I was introduced to them when they were the frontmen of the bands for which they're famous (Bright Eyes and Rilo Kiley, respectively), and I've followed their careers with interest. I haven't seen either one live before. The concert was fabulous. The weather was perfect (clear sky, breezy), and there was a great energy in the park. There were tooons of people there, but I arrived early and got a good spot. Here are some of my photos (cropped so they'll fit in this narrow blog):
Jenny Lewis:



Conor Oberst:


Tonight I went to the West Side Highway to see the NYC fireworks, which were wonderful. Here are a couple of (not so great) photos that I took:



Gosh, I'm in such a Bright Eyes mood right now after seeing Conor Oberst today. I love that voice. I can't stop listening to "Lua" (lyrics opening this post). What a gorgeous song. Conor does a nice version of it with Gillian Welch on the Dark Was the Night compilation. I still think I slightly prefer his original version, though.

No comments: