Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"I dreamt I saw you walking up a hillside in the snow. Casting shadows on the winter sky as you stood there counting crows." ~counting crows

I'm back from field trip #1, and it was a success! We didn't lose any kids, no one got hurt, no one had a run-in with the law...I'm absolutely exhausted, but I'm glad we didn't have any big problems. Hopefully tomorrow's trip to the zoo runs just as smoothly. A couple of funny recent quotes:

From yesterday (the day before the field trip):
Ms. O: J, you better start removing that tattoo. No tattoos allowed on the field trip tomorrow.
R: Ms. B, I think you're gonna have to cut off your foot.

From today's field trip:
R: What is that bird?
D: That's a baby giraffe.
Nature Guide: It's an egret.
F: Is that like 'regret'?

That's all I can think of now. I'm so tired. Here I am today, having fun with magnifying glasses and proudly sporting a 'Nature Detective' badge:

No comments: