Friday, April 25, 2008

"Wait there, I'll be right back down in Times Square. It's a heart attack, all the feeling that makes you feel so new." ~ben kweller

I had a fun evening last night. I went to see Les Liasons Dangereuses on Broadway, starring Laura Linney and Ben Daniels. Laura Linney is one of my absolute favorite actresses; I think she really is one of the most talented actors alive, so I was thrilled to see her on stage in person. She really was amazing. One of the highlights of the evening, though, was convincing Ben Daniels that I was not his groupie. I attended the HipTix after-party for the show, and some of the cast showed up. I hung out with Nic and two guys I had sat next to during the show. One of the guys, Frank, was very friendly and outgoing. He had a conversation with Ben Daniels at the bar, and later we all rode down in the elevator together (me and Nicole, the two guys, and Ben Daniels, the star of the show). Here's the conversation:
Frank: This girl is your groupie, you know (speaking to Ben Daniels).
Me: No, no, I'm not a groupie. But I loved the show, and you were great.
Frank: Claire wants to be an understudy in your show.
Me: Well, I'd settle for being a standby.
Ben Daniels (laughing): Is that so? Well, thank you.
The conversation continued (after all, we had 5 flights to ride down as well as the time spent waiting for the elevator together), but that was the meat of it. Mr. Daniels seemed very nice and was luckily not freaked out by Frank's assertion that I was his (Mr. Daniel's) groupie. It was pretty cool.

No comments: