Friday, April 11, 2008

"She lives alone on her private archipelago, with the palm trees and her seashells. Plays in the waves all day, she's scared of dying and she wants to keep it that way. She sends a boat out on the sea with a little note for me. It says, 'Why are all the girls so hungry?' Says, 'Why are all the girls so hungry? Why are all the boys so lonely?'" ~sordid humor

Today sucked. I had to deal with so much crap. I had a pretty good week, but it ended on a bad note. That happens a lot. I hate Fridays at school.

I went to a couple movie screenings, which made it a good week. On Monday I saw Wild Child, starring Emma Roberts. It's a pre-teen/teen movie, but it was kind of cute. They only admitted girls ages 14-24, so it was a fun audience. It doesn't come out until the end of August so it was a rough cut. For some reason Emma Roberts reminded me of Willa Holland (who was fabulous on The O.C.).

On Wednesday I saw a (very) advanced screening of the movie Tropic Thunder (which also comes out at the end of August). Philip Seymour Hoffman was sitting in front of me and when the movie ended I heard him sum it up very well. Direct quote from him: "I just don't know what to say. Oh. My. God." It was absolutely hilarious. It was directed by Ben Stiller and stars Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Tom Cruise, Matthew McConaughey, and Nick Nolte, among others. Tom Cruise totally steals the show; I can't even tell you how funny he is. I know a lot of people have a problem with Tom Cruise, but I've always enjoyed him as an actor. And Robert Downey Jr. is completely unrecognizable as a black man. Seriously. The screening was cool because they only let in 30 "normal" people (luckily I got there early) and reserved the rest for special movie people. In the audience I saw Ben Stiller, Jerry Stiller, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Peter Dinklage, Larry David, and some other famous people I recognized but couldn't name. I LOVE Philip Seymour Hoffman, I think he's one of the best actors alive, so it was cool to sit behind him (luckily I was actually a little to his right and behind him, because he's tall and has a big head). I enjoyed watching his reactions to the movie. So it was a fun evening.

This weekend I'm staying with my cousins while my aunt and uncle are at the Master's tournament. I'll be there for three nights. They live in a great apartment in Chelsea. My cousins are a freshman and a senior in high school, so my "babysitting" job isn't like babysitting at all. I'm excited to hang out with them. I love my cousins. Bess and I always have fun together. She's 14 going on 30. I've blogged about her before. She's quite a character.

No comments: