Saturday, September 20, 2014




Counting Crows have been on CBS This Morning the past two days. Yesterday was the interview, and it was one of the better recent interviews with Adam (there have been some stupid ones in the past couple of weeks; people need to learn to ask better questions). In fact, this one is a very good interview. It's short, so you can quickly watch it above. I love the quick snippets of older videos (he looks so different!), and I always admire when he talks about his dissociative disorder; I think it's really brave of him. Today they played "Scarecrow" and "Omaha" on the show. I love both live, though it's strange seeing "Omaha" without the audience participation; in concert, Adam always enlists the audience to help sing the chorus.
By the way, their new album Somewhere Under Wonderland has been getting fabulous reviews (from actual music critics who are much less biased than I am). It is so, so good. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should.
Is it weird that I'm so crazy about a fifty year old man? I already have a couple friends who make fun of me for it quite a bit, but I can't help it. He's just so brilliant and wonderful.

In other music thoughts, here's an interesting article about U2. I don't like how it oversimplifies many of the songs (for example, "One" is about a whole lot more than what Mr. Rothman says; it's about Bono's relationship with his father, it's about German reunification, it's about the band members' relationships with each other...I could keep going). I also think the Christian messages in U2's music are much more overt than this article suggests. But anyway, it's worth a read.

No comments: