Sunday, March 30, 2014

"'Cause for the first time in forever, There'll be music, there'll be light. For the first time in forever, I'll be dancing through the night." ~frozen



You may have realized I'm on a Kristen Bell kick right now, mostly because of the Veronica Mars movie. She's been doing pretty darn well over the past year; Frozen was obviously a huge success, she's had a good season on House of Lies (I think season three has actually been my favorite), she got married (to Dax Shepard), had a baby (Lincoln)...not bad, right?

I think it's funny how different these three recent roles are from each other; here's an overview for you:

First of all, she plays Anna in Frozen. You can hear her singing in "For the First Time in Forever" at the top of this post. I think most people didn't realize that she has musical theater roots. She made her Broadway debut in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in 2001. She was also in the musical Reefer Madness (both the film version and the stage version), she was Fredrika in Sondheim's A Little Night Music, and she was in the workshop of the musical Heathers. She majored in musical theater at NYU. So Frozen is a natural project for her, and I love hearing her voice. Here's a video clip.


Look at that lovely ingenue above. Then look at her in House of Lies as Jeannie. She's dark and twisted and I love seeing KBell playing a character like that. Like she says below, Jeannie's got a lot of venom, and that's so much fun to watch.

Here's a video where the worlds of Frozen and House of Lies collide; it's a hilarious Don Cheadle interview (on Conan) in which he teases Kristen (and calls her Fatty).

By the way, last night's season finale of House of Lies completely broke my heart. Seriously. I don't know what will happen next season, but I don't think I can wait. Below is a season 3 promo video (season three just ended).





And then there's Veronica. KBell has said that playing this character comes easiest to her. I think it's her best role. There's so much to say about Veronica that I don't know where to begin. So I'll just say I love her and admire her, and if I really am anything like her, I'm thrilled.

 (I didn't even cheat on these.)

No comments: