Monday, September 23, 2013

The Emmys last night were a freakin' disaster; whoever directed that telecast should not get the job again next year (and Neil Patrick Harris bombed). The highlights for me were Amy and Tina heckling NPH, Tony Hale winning for Veep(!), Anna Gunn winning for Breaking Bad, Breaking Bad winning best drama series(!), and these two acceptance speeches:

I love Merritt Wever, and this further solidifies my feelings. Best acceptance speech ever?

And Julia Louis Dreyfus enlisting her costar Tony Hale in this bit based on their characters' relationship in Veep (with a cameo by the awesome and hilarious Anna Chlumsky, also in character):

Of course I was rooting for Amy, but I do love Veep and realize how fantastic Julia Louis Dreyfus is.

It was a great weekend. Sunday not only featured the Emmys but also the BC/EFA Broadway Flea Market, one of my favorite events of the year. I got lots of cool Broadway swag. This weekend I also got to catch up with my friend Kelly, who came to visit. We explored the awesome exhibit on children's books that's currently on display at the NYPL, and we went to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. It was the perfect day to be outside and see some beautiful flowers, and I was glad to spend time with my friend.

Next weekend is the series finale of Breaking Bad! Nic and I are having a viewing party (I hosted the Emmys so she's hosting the finale) and I can't wait to see how it ends. Yesterday's episode kind of tore me apart.

No comments: