Thursday, September 20, 2012

"You’re gonna miss me when I’m gone. You’re gonna miss me when I’m gone. Racing shadows in the moonlight, taking chances on a hot night. And for a second there we'd won, yeah we were innocent and young." ~the killers



I've been super lucky lately and have attended some awesome events in the city (scroll down for a few, and I still have more to write about, like improv with Justin Long and Ben Schwartz!). Today, though, I have a short post about my most recent awesome event. Last night I went to see The Killers tape an episode of Live On Letterman. It's filmed in Letterman's studio, but it's not an episode of the talk show; it's an actual concert. I love The Killers. I first saw them live more than seven years ago, when they were touring their first album. I've followed them closely and have been impressed with what they've done since then.

The band released their new album, Battle Born, on Tuesday, so they're currently promoting it (the song posted above, "Miss Atomic Bomb," is from the album). I went with my friend Bill, and we got really lucky; we ended up in the front row on the side. It's a long story about how we got those seats, but all that matters is we ended up with a perfect view. The concert will be streamed online soon, so I'll post a link when it's up. They played a bunch of older songs, which made me happy. I was lucky enough to end up with a setlist from the show, and I got Ronnie to sign it! I love "When You Were Young" as a closer (it's such a good song), and I was so glad to hear songs I haven't heard them play live before, like "Spaceman," "Reasons Unknown," Human," and "Read My Mind." So it was a great night.
My view: 

No comments: