Sunday, September 16, 2012

"A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes. I screamed aloud as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind. The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out. You left me in the dark. No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight. In the shadow of your heart. And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat, I tried to find the sound. But then it stopped and I was in the darkness. So darkness I became." ~florence + the machine




Look at the first few words again. "A falling star...." Last night at Florence + the Machine's concert at Jones Beach, during this song ("Cosmic Love"), there was a shooting star. I'm completely serious. How crazy is that?! An actual falling star during "Cosmic Love!" My audio recording is posted below, and you can hear when it happens. I still can't believe it. The version posted above is obviously the album version of the song.

Jones Beach is an awesome venue; it's literally on the water, and when you look out beyond the stage you see the ocean. Last night was a perfect night for an outdoor concert. It was beautiful. The music was beautiful as well. Flo is one of my favorite artists (she's definitely my favorite female artist). Jones Beach is such a big venue, but Flo filled it with her energy. She has such a commanding presence, even when you're watching her from the cheap seats in the balcony. She's dramatic and theatrical and she manages to get the whole audience involved and excited. She was barefoot and wore a long, flowing black dress that billowed behind her as she ran around the stage.

The setlist was okay. She played some of my faves ("Cosmic Love," "No Light, No Light," "Shake It Out," "Dog Days Are Over," "Only If For A Night") but also skipped a bunch of my faves ("Seven Devils," "Never Let Me Go," "Bedroom Hymns," "All This And Heaven Too"). I wish she had played a longer set. I enjoyed every minute of the concert, though; it really was captivating.

Here's my audio. It's a great listen, I promise. Flo is very entertaining between songs. Listen to "Cosmic Love" to hear chatter about the falling star.




Videos - "Dog Days Are Over"
"Shake It Out"

No comments: