Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Pray to the simple machines that do not rely on belief, the softness of steam and of gears, their energy is surely pure. The kindness of engines is not in you. Claire, you do it perfectly." ~matt pond pa

I love that song. I love that it's called "Claire." I love songs with my name in the title. Another favorite is "The Thrilling of Claire" by The National. Neither of these songs paints a very positive picture of a girl named Claire, but that's okay. I kind of like that.

I'm trying something new to share music. If it works correctly, you should be able to listen to "I See the Light" sung by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi right now. Just press play.

It's from the upcoming animated movie Tangled. I'm so, so excited for this movie. First of all, I love the Rapunzel story, and a new take on it is really intriguing to me. Second of all, Zachary Levi and Mandy Moore are the main voices. If you're not already aware, I'm in love with Zac Levi. And I think Mandy Moore is great. One of the best things about the movie is hearing them sing together. Zac Levi has a really, really good voice (of course Mandy Moore does as well, but Zac's vocal ability is more surprising to people because it's not what he's known for). I really want him to do Broadway. For now, though, this is enough. I love this song, and I can't wait for the movie.

Here's the trailer:
And a nice interview with Mandy and Zac:

No comments: