Saturday, January 10, 2009

"New York is pretty heavy. Girl, I hope it doesn't crush you." ~the hold steady

I hate the craziness and stress associated with school right now. It's just ridiculous. I never thought I would be so wound up about one stupid test that my students have to take, but our school revolves around this test and my butt is on the line depending on how well they do. Arg. We're all stressed about it (teachers administrators, students).

I've done some fun things recently. Last weekend Nic and I went to see The Cherry Orchard at BAM. It's part of the Bridge Project, uniting cast members from the U.S. and the U.K. It was a fabulous production of a play that I enjoy very much. The cast was phenomenal (Ethan Hawke, Rebecca Hall, Simon Russell Beale, and Sinead Cusack were stand-outs), and so was the direction (Sam Mendes, famed director of American Beauty and currently getting buzz for Revolutionary Road). We did student rush and got great orchestra seats for $10, so it was a great deal.

Last night my friend Christin and I went to the opening of a German bar in Long Island City called WunderBar. I had fun. There was free food, free beer, and a German polka band; how can you go wrong with all that?! It was an interesting crowd.

Tonight I'm seeing Dust (an off-Broadway play) for free. I'm excited. I heart Hunter Foster.

It's been snowing all day today, which does not make me happy. I wish we could fast forward to spring.

No comments: