Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I told you to be patient, I told you to be fine. I told you to be balanced, I told you to be kind." ~bon iver

I love that song. How fabulous is that line, "I told you to be fine"? I just think it's brilliant. I told you to be fine. Of course telling someone to be fine is just about as useful as telling someone to win the lottery.

I'm already thinking about my list of the best albums of the year and it's only October. Right now I'm focused on 6 that should at least make the top ten. They are:

Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Ray LaMontagne - Gossip in the Grain
R.E.M. - Accelerate
Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs
Counting Crows - Saturday Nights & Sunday Mornings

Go check them out if you haven't heard them already.

I have a lot going through my mind right now, but I can't write about it. I started to write this entry because I felt like I had so much to say, and now I realize I don't want to say it. Maybe later. I'll just leave this as a music post. I just wonder, does it ever get easier? Life, I mean. I keep reminding myself that I am incredibly lucky and fortunate, because I am, and I realize that I'm selfish for wanting more. And yet. I'm telling myself to be fine. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: