Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me. Didn't anybody, didn't anybody tell you? Didn't anybody tell you how to gracefully disappear in a room?" ~the national

My brother, being aware of my complete obsession with The National (it's pretty scary by now), got me one of the band's t-shirts for my birthday. He's always good at picking out thoughtful gifts.

After a much-needed long weekend (we had Thursday and Friday off for Rosh Hashana), I must go back to school tomorrow. This will be our first full week of school, and we don't have any more days off for a while. I didn't spend as much time planning lessons as I should have this weekend. I guess I mostly relaxed, which I needed, but I know it's going to hurt me this week. I went to the Braves/Mets game last Wednesday night and got to watch the Braves blow their lead. That was fun. But my dad and my friends Nic and Christin came with me, so at least I had good company with whom to watch my team lose.

Tonight Nic and I are having our own Emmy-watching party. I don't really care who wins because, as usual, I'm frustrated with the list of nominees and I think the Emmys are crap because they're based on politics rather than talent, but because I'm a big TV fan I have to watch. Wow, sorry for that run-on sentence. I used the word 'because' three times. And I don't feel like going back and changing it. Do I seem particularly bitter today? I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll be more perky the next time I write. I think I've been listening to The National too much.

No comments: