Sunday, September 30, 2007

“And we don't care about the young folks, talkin' 'bout the young style. And we don't care about the old folks, talkin' 'bout the old style too. And we don't care about their own faults, talkin' 'bout our own style. All we care 'bout is talking, talking only me and you.” ~peter bjorn & john

That song has been on at least four different TV shows this week. At least four. I’m not exaggerating. That’s ridiculous. I guess they have no way of knowing that the other shows are using it. And it’s a great song. I love it. But it’s been on my iPod for like a year and now all of a sudden I’m hearing it everywhere. I hate it when that happens.

Yesterday I moved out of my apartment. My dad drove the car into the city and I loaded it up. He had to stay by the car because it was parked illegally, so I made 10+ trips from my apartment to the car with all of my stuff. My apartment is on the fourth floor. That’s a whole lotta stairs. My legs are so sore today.
I’m staying with my aunt and uncle this weekend; I move into my new apartment tomorrow. Last night my cousin Bess and I went through their TV and watched a whole bunch of shows they saved on their On Demand. We watched the Chuck pilot (really good), the second episode of Gossip Girl (I’m addicted), Smallville, The Office, and some Disney channel shows. Bess is a high schooler living on the Upper East Side, which is what Gossip Girl is about (although Bess goes to Stuyvesant High School, which is downtown). She kept insisting that Gossip Girl is not at all what life is like for a teenage girl on the UES. I’m very glad to hear that. But it’s still fun to watch.
This morning I went to Mass with my family (is Mass supposed to be capitalized? I’m not sure; I’m not Catholic, they are). I managed to waste my time doing I-don’t-know-what for the afternoon. Bess and I were left alone while my aunt, uncle, and cousin D.J. went to some college thing. We discovered that we should not be left alone in the kitchen together. I almost chopped off her toes and she covered the floor with granola and pasta (she is also known in our family as Bess the Mess). But we still managed to put dinner on the table. I love hanging out with Bess. I think I’ve written about her before. I’m nine years older than she is, but it doesn’t seem like there’s a big age gap at all. We’re complete opposites in most respects, which works for us. She’s outgoing and always has something to talk about, which is perfect because I’m usually pretty quiet. She’s quite the social butterfly; her phone rings about every ten minutes. She’s boy-crazy, and it seems like they’re pretty crazy about her as well. She’s a sweetheart; I love her.

No comments: