Sunday, February 02, 2014

I cannot wrap my brain around this; it's hit me really hard. Philip Seymour Hoffman is one of my favorite actors, and I believe he's one of the greatest actors of all-time. It was an honor and a revelation to see him perform onstage as Willy Loman in Death of a Salesman; he gave one of the best performances I've ever seen. I've admired him for a long time and am always looking forward to see what he does next. I remember sitting directly behind him and Peter Dinklage at a screening of Tropic Thunder, and I was so in awe of PSH that I spent the whole time listening to his laughter and trying to glimpse his facial reactions. Of course his loss is devastating to his family and friends, and my thoughts and prayers are with them. His loss is also devastating (obviously in a different way) to audiences who won't get to experience more of his genius. RIP PSH.
Here's my favorite scene of his from my favorite movie.

No comments: